AAC Language Lab Home » Stages of Language Development » Language Stage 3
Language Stage 3 Language Outcomes
- will speak in simple complete sentences
- will increase the number of words he or she uses meaningfully
- will show knowledge of plural noun concept by speaking plural nouns correctly
- will speak in simple complete sentences to direct another person's actions
- will use negatives in simple sentences
- will use simple complete sentences to express requests
- will show knowledge of action continuing in the present by using verbs ending in "ing" (present participle)
- will use prepositions to show position
- will combine verbs ending in "ing" with prepositions to speak phrases such as "going in"
- will use simple pronoun + verb phrases
- will use infinitives ("to+verb") to complete statements such as "I like to play" and "I need to go."