Language Lesson Plans
Language Lesson Plans are designed to guide you through certain language development milestones as you teach Unity. Each lesson plan contains:
- a target language outcome
- a short list of vocabulary words
- suggested objectives
- ideas for teaching activities
- links to smart charts with Unity icons
What are smart charts? Smart charts, otherwise known as cheat sheets, give you the Unity icons for the target words in each lesson. There are smart charts for each Unity program so you know how to model the target words for these language lessons. Print the smart charts and post them for everyone on the team.
Select a stage below to view lesson plans or view all lesson plans.
They are here! Smart Charts to support LAMP Words for Life!
- Stage 1 Talking with one word at a time.
- Stage 2 Talking with two and three word phrases.
- Stage 3 Building phrases and early sentences.
- Stage 4 Learning grammar and sentence structure.
- Stage 5 Using sentences and phrases with more grammar endings.
- Stage 6 Using essentially correct grammar and syntax.